To assist you in the successful sale of your home, we’ve prepared a few handy tips to help get you to the settlement table with no surprises.
Prior to Closing/Settlement:
- Obtain a fully executed Purchase/Sales Contract.
- Contact Clear Title of Florida at (407) 937-2220. Please let us know if there are any unusual circumstances regarding the sale.
- Fax your Purchase Agreement (Contract of Sale), copy of the previous owners title insurance policy, and old survey to Clear Title of Florida. Our fax Number is: (407) 937-2223.
- Provide our agent with a statement showing the name, address, account number and social security number of all outstanding Mortgages or Home Equity Loans on the property.
- If the property is a Condominium, please supply us with the name and address of the management agent to whom you pay your condo fees, along with your account number.
- If the seller is a corporation, a limited partnership, or limited liability company, please produce a Certificate of Good Standing that is no more than 30 days old. In the case of a Corporation, we also need certified copies of corporate resolutions authorizing the sale of the property.
- The Termite, Septic and Well Certifications (if applicable) should be sent to the lender at least one week prior to settlement.
- Contact our agent immediately if: you will need the Deed pre-signed or if a Power of Attorney will be utilized, or if sale documents will be mailed to you for execution.
- Provide our agent with any unrecorded instruments that potentially affect the title, i.e.: leases.
- Confirm the driving directions to Clear Title of Florida.
- Bring a valid Picture ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.).
- Review all settlement and title insurance documents with the closing agent.
- Bring all current warranties on home equipment and appliances.
- Obtain evidence of all inspection requirements as stated in the Contract of Sale.
- Bring your keys, garage door openers, & information on the alarm system if possible.